skip to main content

Financial Aid Applications

To apply for financial aid, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application!

Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the first step toward applying and getting federal aid for college.  El Camino College will use your FAFSA data to determine your eligibility for state and school aid.  All students are encouraged to complete and submit a FAFSA by March 2nd of each year.


California DREAM Act Application

What is the California DREAM Act?

Assembly Bills 130 & 131, known as the California Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors (DREAM) Act of 2011, are laws that increase access to financial aid for undocumented students who attend a public university, community college or private college in California. The DREAM act allows undocumented students to receive scholarships administered by public institutions (AB-130) and state funded grants including Cal Grants, California College Promise Grant and university grants (AB-131). To qualify, students must meet the requirements for AB 540 and not be eligible to apply for the FAFSA.

The deadline for submitting the application to determine financial need for each academic year is from October 1st to March 2nd.

Important points:

  • Incoming first-year students must submit a Cal Grant GPA Verification Form by March 2nd, in addition to the online DREAM Act application.

  • Students must resubmit the DREAM Act application every year before March 2nd to be considered for financial aid in the upcoming academic year. 

CA DREAM Act Application Timeline:

 October 1st  March 2nd Continuously
Begin Submitting CA DREAM Act Application  Deadline to Submit CA DREAM Act to be eligible for CAL Grant Check your MyECC Account for Award Letter. If Selected for Verification you may Need to Submit Extra Documentation. Check your MyECC for Details


Please remember that in order for your DREAM Act application to be processed at El Camino College, you must also file an AB 540 California Nonresident Tuition Exemption Request Form that includes an affidavit stating you have filed (or will file) an application to legalize as soon as you are able to do so. Completed forms must be submitted to the Admissions and Records Office located in the Student Services building.  You must also submit a copy of your high school diploma and sealed high school transcripts to the El Camino College Admissions office for verification. Please note that this process occurs after you apply to be a student at El Camino College.