February 1, 2021
ACCJC Reaffirms ECC Accreditation
Today we received the very exciting news that the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) has reaffirmed El Camino College’s accreditation for seven years. The Commission also commended the College for its exemplary performance in providing professional development to faculty, classified professionals, administrators, and student leaders, noting that these efforts encourage leadership and innovation.
The Peer Review Team Report also recognized several areas where the College excels. These areas include the Program Review Process, Planning Process, Online Student Support, Fiscal Stability, and Student Engagement and Leadership Governance. In addition, peer review team members found the College’s Institutional Self Evaluation Report to be a comprehensive and well-written document detailing the processes used by the College to address Eligibility Requirements, Commission Standards, and Commission Policies.
In addition, the report also recommended three areas of quality improvement: cultivating a consistent approach to the analysis and use of disaggregated data, ensuring consistent regular and substantive interaction in courses offered via distance education modalities, and enhancing the regular assessment of Board Policies.
The next report from the College will be the Midterm Report due on October 15, 2024. The institution’s next comprehensive review will occur in the fall term of 2027.
Please take the opportunity to view the ACCJC’s Action Letter and Peer Review Team Report to learn more about this important achievement. This accomplishment marks significant and prolonged work by all members of the campus community. Congratulations to all!
El Camino College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC), a division of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Colleges must meet 21 eligibility requirements to be accredited by the ACCJC and then also meet standards that address the college’s mission, academic quality, student learning and support services, resources, and governance. Colleges undergo a peer review process to ensure that they continue to meet the eligibility requirements and standard. The review process occurs on a six-year cycle and involves a comprehensive Institutional Self-Evaluation Report prepared by college faculty, staff, and students followed by a campus visit from peer reviewers. El Camino College was fully accredited in 2016. The next full review will occur in fall 2020. The college is currently preparing for the ACCJC visit.
2020 Institutional Self Evaluation Report
The Institutional Self Evaluation Report is currently in development by the Accreditation Steering Committee. The timeline for the completion of the report can be found here. The timeline will include dates for the review of each of the sections.
Third Party Comments
El Camino College has completed its reaccreditation evaluation, which was held September 28 – October 1, 2020. The campus community had the opportunity to ask questions during Open Forums during the visit.
A third-party comment may be submitted to the Commission at any time as it relates to the compliance of a member institution with Eligibility Requirements, Accreditation Standards, or Commission policies. Such comment must be submitted in writing, signed, and accompanied by the affiliation, return address and telephone number of the correspondent. Commission staff will review all third-party comments to assess its applicability to Eligibility Requirements, Accreditation Standards, or Commission policies. Institutions will be provided with an opportunity to review applicable third-party comments.
Individuals who wish to make comments on the institutions that are undergoing review in the current semester and that are being considered by the Commission at its next meeting, should use the Third Party Comment Form and be sure to include their name, address, phone number, and email address. The comments must be received five weeks before the scheduled Commission meeting.
Find more information and the Third Party Comment Form on the ACCJC Third Party Comments page.
The public is encouraged to review drafts and provide feedback on the Institutional Self-Evaluation Report. To that end, the College will hold a series of public forums to solicit comments. The date, time and location and topic of these public forums are below. Drafts of the standards will be available on the accreditation web page at least 1 week in advance of the public forum. Please focus on content-related feedback. Document formatting and some evidence links will take place at a later date. When emailing comments, indicate the standard draft to which you are referring.
For those unable to attend in person, comments will be accepted via email at: email@example.com
|Nov. 6, 2019||SSVC 141||3:00 pm||Std I: Mission, Academic Quality and Institutional Effectiveness, and Integrity|
|Nov. 13, 2019||DE 166||3:00 pm||Std II: Student Learning Programs and Support Services|
|Nov. 20, 2019||SSVC 287||3:00 pm||Std III: Resources|
|Dec. 4, 2019||DE 166||3:00 pm||Std IV: Leadership and Governance|
|Mar. 5, 2020||SSVC 287||1:00 pm||Institutional Self-Evaluation Report|
will occur September 28 - October 1, 2020.
ACCJC Eligibility Requirements & Standards
Here you will find information that will assist students and members of the public who wish to file a formal complaint to the Commission about one of its member institutions.
Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges
ECC Accreditation Documents
- ACCJC Actions on Institutions (PDF) - June 27, 2017
- Letter from Commission (PDF) - June 23, 2017
- Letter from Commission (PDF) - February 5, 2016
- Letter from Commission Follow-Up Visit (PDF) - September 3, 2015
- Letter from Commission (PDF) - February 6, 2015
- Letter from Commission (PDF)- February 7, 2014
- Letter from Commission Follow-Up Visit Report (PDF) - December 18, 2013
- Letter from Commission (PDF) - February 11, 2013
- Letter from Commission Follow-Up Visit (PDF) - November 14, 2012
- Letter from Commission (PDF) - February 1, 2012
- Letter from Commission (PDF) - March 23, 2011
- Letter from Commission (PDF) - February 8, 2011
- ACCJC Recommendations (PDF)
- Letter from Commission (PDF) - January 29, 2010
- Letter from Commission (PDF) - December 14, 2009
- Letter from Commission (PDF) - October 13, 2009
- Letter from Commission (PDF) - June 30, 2009
- Letter from Commission (PDF) - February 3, 2009
- Final 2008 Team Report (PDF)
- Letter from Commission (PDF) - August 18, 2014
- Recent Commission Decisions: ACCJC Standards and Processes (PDF) - March 18, 2014
- Letter from Commission - USDE Achievement Data (PDF) - 2013
- Letter from Commission (Rubric) (PDF) - 2011
- Accreditation White Pages (PDF) - August 4, 2010
- Letter from Commission (PDF) - January 20, 2010
- Letter from Accreditation Task Force (PDF) - January 13, 2010
- Letter from Commission (PDF) - January 6, 2010
- Accreditation Follow-Up Report (PDF) - October 15, 2015
- Accreditation Follow-Up Report (PDF) - October 15, 2013
- Accreditation Follow-Up Report (PDF) - October 15, 2012
- Accreditation Midterm Report (PDF) - October 15, 2011
- Follow-Up Report (PDF) - October 2010
- Substantive Change Proposal October 2010 (PDF)
- Follow-Up Report (PDF) - October 2009
- Follow-Up Report (PDF) - April 2009
- Substantive Change Proposal (PDF) - August 2006
- What is Accreditation? (PDF)
- 2017 ECC Compton Center Self-Evaluation Report
- Letter from Commission (PDF) – March 28, 2016
- Letter Reaffirming Eligibility for Compton Center with Timelines and Policy (PDF) - June 17, 2015
- Process to Accreditation - May 2015 (PDF)
- Letter of Eligibility from the Commission (PDF)- March 26, 2015
- ECC Compton Center Eligibility Application (PDF) - January 2015
- Accreditation and the Process Forward (PDF) - July 2017
- Accreditation of ECC Compton Educational Center: Communications Plan 2010-2012 (PDF)
- Accreditation Eligibility Proposal Status Report (PDF) - October 27, 2011
- Letter from Commission (PDF) - January 31, 2011
- Letter from Commission (Rubric) (PDF) - September 9, 2008
- Evaluation Report (PDF) - October 2008
- Self-Study Report (PDF)
- Progress Report (PDF) - October 2007
- Progress Report - March 2007
- Substantive Change Report (PDF) - August 2006
- Progress Report (PDF) - February 2006
- Focus Midterm Report (PDF) - March 2005
Past Self Evaluation Reports
Compton College Accreditation Update - June 8, 2017
The Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC), Western Association of Schools and Colleges, at its meeting June 7-9, 2017, reviewed the Institutional Self Evaluation Report (ISER) submitted by Compton Center and the report prepared by the evaluation team that visited the Center March 6-9, 2017. The purpose of the Commission's review was to determine whether the Center meets Eligibility Requirements, Accreditation Standards, and Commission policies.
After considering all of the written and oral material provided, the Commission acted to Grant Initial Accreditation to Compton College. Granting Initial Accreditation indicates that the Commission has determined that the institution is in substantial compliance with its Eligibility Requirements, Accreditation Standards, and Commission policies.
To view the ACCJC Action Letter, Evaluation Report and El Camino College news release, click below: