Foster & Kinship Care Education
Virtual Foster & Kinshipcare Education! All classes have been moved to a live online format: To register: email at email@example.com , call 310-660-6460, text 424-279-4430.
TRAINING SCHEDULE: Fall 2021 Foster & Kinship Care Schedule All classes live on Zoom!
The Foster and Kinship Care Education program provides a variety of training programs for Foster/Resource parents and relative caregivers, providing both pre-service classes for prospective Resource Foster and Adoptive parents and continuing education for existing Resource Foster and Kinship caregivers. A wide range of class topics are offered in order to meet the educational, emotional, behavioral, and developmental needs of children and youth in out-of-home care. The following provides an overview of our course offerings.
All classes are FREE and open to the public:
- Foster & Kinship Care Education (FKCE)
- Relative Caregiver (Kinship) and non-related family caregivers — Enhanced Orientation and other classes designed for those caregivers.
- SCI-Rate(specialized care increment, replaces D & F rate as of July 1, 2021) Pre-Service Specialized Care Increment to care for child with health and/or behavior problem.
- DISCONTINUED (see SCI rate) June, 2021: D-Rate (emotional/behavioral difficulties) Pre-Service and Continuing Education Classes
- DISCONTINUED (see SCI rate) June, 2021: F-Rate (medically fragile) Foster Care Pre-Services and Continuing Education Classes
- W-Rate (caring for pregnant or parenting youth) Whole Family Foster Care for families
- Renewal Classes for Basic, SCI/D, F, and W Rate re-certifications
- FKCE Specialized Topics--for required 4-hour pre-service SCI special topic hours and/or RFA renewal hours.
- Resource Family Approval (RFA) for prospective resource foster and adoptive parents.
To REGISTER: Monday-Friday 9:00am-4:00pm, closed weekends and holidays.
www.ECCommunityEd.com Call 310-660-6460 Text 424-279-4430