Adding A Class
We are here to help! Jump into the Virtual Information Desk to get your questions answered.
Click the buttons below for help via Zoom.
FALL 2021 HOURS:
Virtual Information Desk
Monday - Thursday from 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Financial Aid Help Desk
Monday - Thursday from 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., Friday 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
To add a class, students must obtain an add code from their instructor and complete the steps below before the add deadline. Students who do not officially add a course by the deadline will not be added. Before adding, please drop any classes you are no longer taking. If you have a time conflict (e.g. a class you are enrolled in overlaps by one minute or more with a course you are trying to add), you will not be able to add the new class.
Please refer to the Academic Calendar for the add dates and deadlines that apply to your specific term. For assistance adding a class after you've obtained an add code, please complete this add/drop form prior to the add deadline. The form can found on the Admissions & Records Forms page: https://www.elcamino.edu/admissions/forms.aspx
How to Add a Class Online:
- Obtain an Add Code from the instructor.
- Go to: http://www.elcamino.edu/myecc/
- Login with username and password
- Under WebAdvisor, click on "Registration – Add & Drop"
- Click on "Online Add with Faculty Permission"
- You will see the screen below and be asked to enter the two sets of numbers on the
- Click on "SUBMIT" (Please keep the Add Code until enrollment is verified.)
- Once you successfully add the section, use the "Make a Payment" link in the "Make a Payment & Account" section and pay the amount due.
- If you need assistance with adding a class before the deadline to add the class please fill out the online add/drop form
Classes can only be added with:
- An appointment time
- Appropriate pre-requisites
- Fees and other holds resolved
Classes cannot be added with:
- Time conflicts
- Excessive repeats of the course
- Schedule exceeds the allowable number of units, unless there is overload approval
Students who do not engage in the first required interaction of the academic term by the instructor’s deadline or within the first five (5) days of the term if no other deadline is provided may be dropped from the roster and their places given to students on the wait list. A required interaction is any non-optional activity (e.g. discussion forum post, assignment submission, quiz, etc.) administered through the Learning Management System (LMS).
Waitlist students should email the professor on the first day of class to ask if there is space.
Students interested in “crashing” a class should email the professor on the first day of class to see if there is space.