Office of Title IX, Diversity, and Inclusion (formerly Staff & Student Diversity)
The Office of Title IX, Diversity, and Inclusion is available to answer questions and provide assistance via phone, email, and Zoom conferencing Monday - Friday from 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. If you prefer in-person assistance, please reach out via phone or e-mail to schedule an appointment. In-person appointments are available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The Office of Title IX, Diversity, and Inclusion receives, investigates, compiles reports and makes recommendations for the resolution of both employee and student discrimination and sexual harassment complaints. It develops, maintains and monitors the District’s Equal Employment Opportunity Plan and insures equal employment opportunity and compliance with rules, regulations and laws. The office is also responsible for certain program development, problem identification and data analysis, compilation and reporting.
MAJOR SERVICES AND PROGRAMS OFFERED AND COORDINATED
- Assist in the planning, coordination and monitoring of recruitment, selection and hiring processes to ensure equity and consistency in the recruitment of diverse faculty and staff.
- Maintain relationships with various community resources to promote equity and diversity within our college community.
- Monitor programs and activities to ensure compliance with state and federal laws and District policies regarding equal employment, sexual harassment, unlawful discrimination, and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Conduct investigations regarding complaints of unlawful discrimination (including sexual harassment)
- Facilitate training for administration, faculty and staff regarding hiring procedures, equal employment opportunity, prevention of unlawful discrimination and sexual harassment in the academic setting/work environment.
- Support and promote diversity events and programs on campus
- Provide resources for District students and employees
Director, Title IX, Diversity, and Inclusion
Office of Title IX, Diversity, and Inclusion
Administration Building – Room 140
El Camino Community College District
16007 Crenshaw Boulevard
Torrance CA 90506-0001
Phone: (310) 660-3813
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 7:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.*
Intake Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (In-person appointments available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays).
Office/Intake Hours are subject to change.
*The Office of Title IX, Diversity, and Inclusion is currently operating remotely. Please feel free to reach out during normal business hours via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org OR via phone at (310) 660-3813. If you prefer in-person assistance, please reach out via phone or e-mail to schedule an appointment. In-person appointments are available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
Subject to Change Disclaimer
The information (including Office procedures and links) on this page is subject to change without prior notice to keep the District in compliance with Board Policies and/or State and Federal laws.